Labels

Sunday 16 September 2012

Making spirals

I continued to test the acrylic by making models that were more alike to what I wanted my final model to look like. Although for my actual model I will be cutting out a spiral and then pulling it out, I have only done tests using strips of acrylic at this stage because cutting the acrylic with a jigsaw has proved rather difficult. 



This was just achieved by heating up parts of the rod and twisting it around a cylinder. I like that it bears qualities of a tornado. 



I twisted this model freehand. I like that it tapers of towards the end and that the final piece is not twisted but pointing straight down. However I have realised that when heating acrylic with a blow gun it is better to leave the paper on because otherwise it starts turning black like this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment