Labels

Tuesday 4 September 2012

DSDN 104-Project 2

We are now beginning project 2 for Digital Creation where we have been asked to make a model based on our hero image from project 1. 



This is my hero model which I have to make a physical model of using laser cutting processes. We were told to slice up our models in 3ds max, export them to Adobe Illustrator and make a model using the stacking method. Because of the twisting nature of my model this method was not relevant to me as it could not be down. At this stage when everyone else was creating stacked models I had trouble working out how I was going to create a model with so much twisting but after talking to tutors I realised that when heated, 2mm acrylic is malleable meaning I could make spirals and pull them out to form tornado like patterns such as this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment